Latvia’s delegation to UNESCO has cancelled the exhibition titled “Hijacked childhood. Victims of Holocaust as seen by the child prisoners of Nazi concentration camp Salaspils (Latvia)” that was scheduled to open at the UNESCO headquarters in Paris. The decision to cancel the exhibition demonstrates that the authorities of that country have failed to abandon the course for rehabilitation of Nazism, says Alexander Lukashevich, official representative of the Russian foreign ministry.
“We are outraged at that unprecedented step by the EU chair-country – the cancellation of the historical and documentary exhibition titled ‘Hijacked childhood. Victims of Holocaust as seen by the child prisoners of Nazi concentration camp Salaspils (Latvia)’ at the UNESCO headquarters,” he says.
“It appears that official Riga never really managed to abandon that flawed policy for rehabilitation of Nazism and still indulges Neo-Nazi groups who damage Latvia’s international reputation,” Lukashevich said.
The exhibition titled “Hijacked childhood. Victims of Holocaust as seen by the child prisoners of Nazi concentration camp Salaspils (Latvia)” was scheduled to open at the UNESCO headquarters in Paris on January 26. However, earlier this week, Latvia canceled the event. Under UNESCO rules, Latvia’s permission was necessary, as the exhibition tells about the events that happened in the territory of that country.
They take off crosses and do not let them eat: the military told about being in Ukrainian captivity
Briefly skated with the American on the Day of the flag of Russia
Putin: Kiev sometimes makes us exotic offers after we have responded
Zelensky boasted of a blow to the "Ozone" in the Samara region
Latvia was inspired by how Kiev knocks money out of the EU: Riga demands billions for a fence
Trump found out that the Democrats would impeach him. But on one condition