Commandment of the Ukrainian Armed Forces is getting ready to attack the Donetsk People’s Republic (DPR) from two sides, DPR leader Alexander Zakharchenko has told reporters today, on June 16.
“The directions of the strikes are evident: along the line between Donetsk and Lugansk and to try to go around the border in the south,” he notes. According to Zakharchenko, the Ukrainian Armed Forces have already formed units to fulfill this task. “And we know about it,” he says.
As EADaily reported earlier, a spontaneous rally took place in Donetsk yesterday. Residents of Donetsk were urging the DPR leadership to make the Ukrainian Armed Forces stop firing at the city. They also called the DPR administration to accommodate those whose homes had been destroyed. Alexander Zakharchenko met with the protesters. “Who needs this war? How can we stop it? Let’s think it over together. If people sign Minsk Agreements and bring all the military machines they have been collecting throughout Europe, what can we talk about? As Poroshenko said, he needed the peace to get ready for the war,” Zakharchenko said.