Lebanese Hezbollah confirmed on Saturday that its leader Hassan Nasrallah was killed in an Israeli airstrike on Beirut. It is reported by Reuters.
This is stated in the official statement of the movement, the agency notes.
"In the statement… It is said that she (Hezbollah. — EADaily) will continue its fight against Israel "in support of Gaza and Palestine, as well as in defense of Lebanon and its steadfast and honest people," Reuters reports.
Earlier on Saturday, Israel reported that Nasrallah was killed in an airstrike in the southern suburbs of Beirut a day earlier.
As reported by EADaily, the press service of the Israel Defense Forces (IDF) officially announced the death of the leader of the Shiite Hezbollah movement, Hassan Nasrullah. According to the Israeli side, he was killed in an attack by the Israeli Air Force on September 27 in Beirut.
The press service said that the IDF carried out a targeted strike on the central underground headquarters of Hezbollah, which was located between residential buildings in the Dahiya district of Beirut.
It is alleged that the commander of the Southern Front of the group, Ali Karaki, and other high-ranking commanders were also killed along with Nasrullah.

Almost twice a day: Naftogaz reports retaliatory strikes by the Russian army
Kallas: The European Union will strengthen sanctions against Russia
The West is waging a successful psychological war on Ukraine against its population — Davis
There is no other way: In order to establish relations with Russia, Finland will have to withdraw from NATO
Signs of a pure junta: Soskin appreciated Kiev's attempts to defend itself from Russian ballistics
Russia with a missile strike cut down the main facilities of ArcelorMittal in Krivoy Rog