Ukraine’s military command mulls a series of large-scale provocations for May 8 and 9, DPR Defense Ministry spokesman Eduard Basurin said referring to intelligence data. They plan to shell from heavy weapons at populated areas and later blame the armed forces of the Donetsk People’s Republic for the provocations.
“As I have said earlier, we have information that Kiev is increasing the groups of its security forces along the line of engagement,” he said pointing at deployment of seven mobile tactical groups reinforced by “Grad” multiple rocket launcher systems.
“However, now they plan to use heavy artillery weapons and rocket systems with high destruction potential able to result in huge number of casualties among civilian population,” Basurin said.
There is information that some Ukrainian military strongly recommend the local population to leave Novoluganskoye and Staromikhaylovka settlements starting May 7. The situation remains bleak, Basurin said.
EADaily reported earlier on April 28 that Ukraine President Petro Poroshenko said at an international conference in support of his country that military actions in Donbass may resume at any moment. Afterwards, on April 29, Eduard Basurin said Kiev is increasing the troops along the line of engagement in Donbass.