• USD 62.33 -0.23
  • EUR 72.99 -0.10
  • BRENT 72.23 +0.54%

Russian healthcare ministry: 14 people killed, 62 wounded in subway attack

Russia’s Healthcare Minister Veronika Skvortsova has paid a visit to Janelidze hospital where people wounded in a terror attack in St. Petersburg subway are undergoing medical treatment, EADaily’s correspondent reports.

According to the minister, 14 people were killed and 62 wounded in the attack.

As she said, 49 injured are now in hospitals, 13 people were examined by doctors and let home.

The minister noted, all the people injured in the attack are provided with necessary medical assistance.

Earlier, the St. Petersburg emergency ministry department released full information on those hurt in the terror attack. There were 51 people on the lists/

The blast occurred at 02:40 p.m. on April 3 at a section between Sennaya Ploschad and Technologichesky Institut stations in the center of the city. At 03:00, explosives experts demined another explosive at Ploschad Vosstaniya station. After that, the Petersburg subway was completely closed. It resumed its operation after all the stations were checked. Now, the subway is working at it operational mode, the city administration says.

Under most recent reports, the explosive device was enacted by a 22-year-old native of Kyrgyzstan, Akbarzhon Dzhalilov, who was granted Russian citizenship. Previously, he was trained in Kyrgyz militants camps, after that he returned to Russia. Sources at special services report that he managed to carry the device in his backpack and he had ties with radical Islamists. Spokesman for the Kyrgyz State Committee for National Security Rakhat Sulaymanov admitted Dzhalilov was involved in the terror attack.

All news

31.05.2018

30.05.2018

29.05.2018

28.05.2018

Show more news
Information
Press «Like», to read
EurAsia Daily in Facebook
Press «Follow», to read
EurAsia Daily in VK
Thank you, don't show this to me again