Zakharchenko: Putting Ukrainian armed forces on high alert means preparations for offensive
The fact that Ukrainian President Petro Poroshenko put the troops on the border with Crimea and Donbass on high alert means that they are preparing an offensive, says leader of the Donetsk People’s Republic Alexander Zakharchenko.
“Recently, Petro Poroshenko announced that he instructed to put on high alert all troops on the border with Crimea and Donbass. Such instructions mean that Ukraine is ready for switching to more intensive military actions. At the same time, comprehending that it made a mistake with Crimea, Kiev might launch an offensive in Donbass, to deflect attention from the failed attack in Crimea,” Zakharchenko believes.
Meanwhile, he supposes that Kiev may start from Donbass as it “still hopes to win over the self-defense troops with the help of force.” The DNR leader warns that they are ready to resist.
“We have said many times that Ukraine has turned into a terrorist state. Hundreds of terror attacks against our civilians are enough to remember. Now, after an attempted terror attack in Crimea, i. e. against Russian citizens in the Russian territory, the whole world can see it,” he stresses.
As EADaily reported earlier, Ukrainian opposition activist Alexey Zhuravko (former MP from Kherson Region) announced that the Kiev regime that recently carried out a terror attack near Crimean Armyansk is forming a striking claw on the border along the Isthmus of Perekop. After that, Poroshenko told the foreign ministry to initiate a phone talk with Russian President Vladimir Putin – “in connection with the situation around Crimea and escalation of the situation in Donbass.” Simultaneously, Poroshenko asked to get in touch with German Chancellor Angela Merkel, French President François Hollande, US Vice President Joseph Biden and European Council President Donald Tusk.
- 23.09 Expert: Ankara’s statements on Crimea reflect its fears and ambitions
- 12.09 Russia-Ukraine-West: Against whom does time factor work?
- 01.09 Expert about the Kremlin’s strategy: Strengthening international positions and repulsing external pressures
- 11.08 Ukraine’s president puts troops on high alert
- 11.07 Expansion based on crisis points: directions and peculiarities of NATO’s “hybrid warfare” against Russia
- 27.09 Donetsk: Plan for first stage of disengagement in Donbass prepared
- 22.09 Kiev promises to start pulling back armament in Donbass this week
- 21.09 Ukrainian reforms 2.0: More shocks from rising communal fees
- 20.09 Tymoshenko: In the West of Ukraine, people demand Yanukovych back
- 19.09 State budget-2017: Ukraine seeks to borrow $3 billion abroad
Published on August 11th, 2016 07:07 PM