More than 38% of Ukrainians are against joining NATO
38.2% of Ukrainian would have opposed Ukraine joining NATO, if such a voting was to be held next Sunday, say data of a poll conducted by the Ukrainian Alexander Yaryomenko Social Studies Institute and the Social Monitoring Center.
At the same time, 37.7% of the respondents spoke for the accession to NATO. 14.5% would abstain from the voting.
Besides, 47.3% of the respondents would vote for accession to the European Union., 31.1% would oppose it. 12.5% would prefer not to vote.
The question was held from July 5 to 16, 2,010 respondents were questioned. Statistical error is not more than 2.25%.
In early June, a similar poll conducted by the Kiev International Sociology Institute showed that 43.9% of Ukrainians would support joining NATO, while 38% would oppose it.
Previously, they in NATO announced that in case Kiev follows all instructions, the process of accession may take 5-10 years, however, the membership prospects depend on “many other things.”
- 27.09 Donetsk: Plan for first stage of disengagement in Donbass prepared
- 22.09 Kiev promises to start pulling back armament in Donbass this week
- 21.09 Ukrainian reforms 2.0: More shocks from rising communal fees
- 20.09 Tymoshenko: In the West of Ukraine, people demand Yanukovych back
- 19.09 State budget-2017: Ukraine seeks to borrow $3 billion abroad
Published on July 25th, 2016 03:12 PM