The Right Sector considers it impossible to obey to the Kiev authorities’ order to withdraw from sector M (Mariupol and its outskirts) by Mar 27 and the anti-terror operation zone by Apr 1, according to Head of the Right Sector’s Information Center Artem Skoropadsky.
UNIAN quotes Skoropadsky as saying that they will not withdraw from all the territories they have fought for and have shed their blood for. “It would be strange for us to obey to such orders,” Skoropadsky said.
On Wednesday, Ukrainian mass media reported that the so-called volunteer battalions had been instructed to withdraw from the area by Apr 1. “Only our leader Dmytro Yarosh can give us such an order. We are an autonomous unit. We are cooperating with both the National Guards and the defense ministry there, in the battlefields, rather than in the general staff or the defense ministry,” Skoropadsky said.
When asked if there was such an order, he said: “As far as I understand, there is.”
The Kiev authorities have long been negotiating with the Right Sector concerning its legal status but have not found a compromise yet. Almost one dozen of privately sponsored battalions are involved in the special operation in the east of Ukraine. The Azov, Aydar, Donbass, Dnipro-1 and Dnipro-2 battalions are financed by oligarch and former Governor of Dnipropetrovsk region Igor Kolomoisky, who has been charged by Russian court with having used illegal warfare methods.