The Kiev authorities look to complete the construction of the fortifications in the east of Ukraine by mid-May 2015, Deputy Prime Minister of Ukraine Gennady Zubko said. The deputy prime minister meant the division lines between the territories under control of Ukraine and the areas beyond it in Donbass.
He said the current situation in Ukraine is similar to the situation of late 1980s: “The current state of affairs can be compared with the situation we faced after the Chernobyl disaster in Ukraine.”
Zubko suggested setting up a working group to address the issues related to the construction fortifications in Donbass. “This will help us fulfill the tasks set by the Government more efficiently,” he said.
Earlier on March 9, Ukrainian President Petro Poroshenko said an effective system of fortifications must be built in the east of Ukraine. To that end, Prime Minister Arseniy Yatsenyuk promised 860 million hryvnia (nearly $37 million).
In Ukraine, a coup attempt: Put the champagne back in the fridge — expert
The proxy war between Russia and NATO is approaching the last act — opinion
Greece is ready to transfer C-300 missiles to Kiev, but with one but
TC "Two Majors" sees a decrease in the rate of damage to an important economic artery of Ukraine
Kazakhstan's multi-vector nature seems to stop working: a signal from Washington