The authorities of the Islamic Republic of Iran have decided to restore military control over the Strait of Hormuz in response to the "pirate actions of the United States."
The corresponding statement was issued on Saturday, April 18 by the press service of the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps (IRGC).
"In accordance with the previously reached agreements, the Islamic Republic of Iran has agreed in good faith to allow a limited number of oil tankers and merchant ships to pass through the Strait of Hormuz in a controlled manner. However, the Americans, repeatedly violating their obligations, continue to engage in piracy and robbery in the conditions of the so—called blockade," the document says.
The Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps also said that the situation in the strait will remain under tight control until the United States stops blocking Iranian ports.
Until then, "the situation in The Strait of Hormuz will remain in its current state," the headquarters added. It is emphasized that Iran is withdrawing the agreement that allowed limited commercial transit through the strait.
Earlier, EADaily reported that Iran had opened the Strait of Hormuz, establishing a new shipping regime in it. According to him, civilian vessels will follow routes determined by Tehran and only with the permission of the military department.

The military of the Armed Forces of Ukraine burned a stigma on a captive resident of the Kursk region
The deputy chairman of the board of one of the largest banks in Crimea was killed in the center of Moscow
"Armenia refused to help Armenia": how Pashinyan disrupted the work of the CSTO — MP
The popular comedian from Stand Up on TNT received a residence permit in Russia
Can't we just agree?.. Repke delicately caught Zelensky in a lie
The Russian army began storming Orekhov — OSINT-analysts