The Prosecutor General’s Office of Ukraine has stopped investigating the criminal case charging former President of Ukraine Viktor Yanukovych of using violence against Maidan protesters.
According to Yanukovych’s lawyer Vitaly Serdyuk, de facto the investigation was stopped in 2014. “But this is a very serious case. It involves lots of deaths. People must know the truth. They must know why this case is still undisclosed,” says Serdyuk.
And so, he has sent to the Prosecutor General’s Office an address signed by Yanukovych, where the former Ukrainian president points out the need to let people find out on their own what is going on under this case and why it has not been disclosed so far.
As EADaily reported earlier, on Aug 11 Yanukovych did not appear in the Prosecutor General’s Office but sent Serdyuk on his behalf. Serdyuk said that Yanukovych would come to Ukraine only when the Ukrainian authorities found and punished those who sought his life during Euromaidan in Feb 2014.
Yanukovych fled Ukraine after a coup in Feb 2014 and asked the Russian authorities to protect him from Ukrainian extremists. On Feb 4, the Supreme Rada approved a law depriving Yanukovych of his presidency. Petro Poroshenko ratified the law but on June 20 he asked the Constitutional Court to declare it unconstitutional.
The Russian army got into trucks near Boryspil to launch drones: they showed it themselves
Zelensky boasted of a blow to the "Ozone" in the Samara region
A Turkish container ship going to Russia was hit by a drone of the Armed Forces of Ukraine: the ship and cargo were lost
TRC employees are being slaughtered in Lviv
Melania Trump reacted to the juicy rumors about her husband and his assistant
Where is Merz? The Chancellor does not appear in public for more than three weeks and is silent
The Ukrainian Armed Forces received a Ukrainian interceptor to destroy the "Shaheds" — Insider