Primaries in Donetsk scheduled for October 2
The provisional election commission of the Donetsk People’s Republic (DPR) has set the date of the primaries for October 2, according to Oleg Balykin, the press attaché of the commission. The place of the primaries is Donetsk, he specified saying the nomination process will launch on September 9.
Head of the DPR Alexander Zakharchenko announced on July 4 that a nationwide primary voting would be held prior to the local elections in Donbass to verify the public sentiments and preferences.
Earlier, Vladislav Deinego, the representative of the Lugansk People's Republic (LPR) at the Contact Group for conflict settlement in eastern Ukraine said elections in Donbass would hardly be held this year. On June 9, Deputy Head of the Central Election Commission of Ukraine Andrei Magera said no elections are possible in DPR and LPR within the coming two years.
- 22.09 Kiev promises to start pulling back armament in Donbass this week
- 21.09 Ukrainian reforms 2.0: More shocks from rising communal fees
- 20.09 Tymoshenko: In the West of Ukraine, people demand Yanukovych back
- 19.09 State budget-2017: Ukraine seeks to borrow $3 billion abroad
- 19.09 “Bluffing”: Ukraine publishes draft budget 2017
Published on September 6th, 2016 05:40 PM