At the meeting of the Contact Group in Minsk, representatives of OSCE, Russia and Ukraine have initialed one more agreement on mine action in Donbass.
“Today, we have make a step towards stronger security regime in line with the Set of Measures on the Implementation of the Minsk Agreements,” Boris Gryzlov, Russia’s Plenipotentiary at the talks in Minsk, said after the meeting.
By March 31, the sides to the conflict in Donbass must provide the designation and map of areas to be cleared.
These destinations are in close proximity to the checkpoint i.e. in the places of entrance and exit of civilians and along the roads leading to these checkpoints, the OSCE representative Martin Sajdik explained.
EADaily reported that the agreement banning field firing exercises in 15-kilometer zone from the engagement line will come into effect on March 4 at midnight by Kiev time. “It applies to weapons of any types and calibers,” Sajdik said. He hopes the implementation of the given step will help defusing tensions on the engagement line.
Kim Jong-un's sister: Threatening us, Japan is taking a big risk — it will not survive
The target of the Israeli strike on the airbase in Syria was the Turkish military
The tanker signals the Armed Forces of Ukraine: it will take fertilizers from Novorossiysk to the USA
The Economist: You will still have to fight with Russia, but so far there is nothing
A non-standard statement about Russia was made in Latvia
The 12-day ultimatum has expired: Fedorov demanded to hold elections in Ukraine