Меню
  • $ 72.35 -0.78
  • 84.12 -0.32
  • ¥ 10.63 -0.03

Iran has threatened the United States

Flags of the USA and Iran. Illustration: MicroStockHub / istockphoto.com

Mohsen Rezai, military adviser to the supreme leader of Iran, said on Tuesday that Tehran would force Washington to capitulate in the event of a resumption of full-scale hostilities.

"He (US President Donald Trump) sets a deadline for a military strike, and then cancels it himself... The iron fist of the powerful armed forces and the great Iranian nation will force them to retreat and surrender—" Rezai wrote on the social network X.

The Iranian Tasnim news agency reported that the commander of the Central Headquarters of the Iranian Armed Forces, Major General Ali Abdollahi, warned the United States and its allies against making another "strategic mistake or miscalculation."

According to him, the Iranian armed forces have become more prepared and stronger than in the past, and now they are ready to respond to any aggression.

Abdollahi warned that any further mistakes would entail a much more powerful response than before.

The remarks by Iranian officials came after Trump announced that the plan to resume strikes against Iran had been put on pause for two or three days. Earlier, Trump said that he planned to launch strikes on Tuesday, but put the plan on hold at the request of a number of countries conducting contacts with Iran on a diplomatic solution to the crisis.

At the same time, the American leader said that he had ordered the US military to prepare for an attack on Iran, which would begin if the parties failed to reach a compromise.

Permalink: eadaily.com/en/news/2026/05/19/iran-has-threatened-the-united-states
Published on May 19th, 2026 05:00 AM
All news

18.05.2026

Show more news
Aggregators
Information