New officials are also being killed in Iran — which the Pentagon did not take into account in its calculations

The Pentagon building. Photo: Kevin H / Flickr
полная версия на сайте

The telegram channel "Two Majors" comments on the ongoing liquidation of the leaders of Iran, including those who took the places of the dead. The military correspondents piled on a factor that the Pentagon did not take into account when implementing its plan in Iran.

According to partially confirmed reports, two key officials were killed among those newly appointed after the start of the US and Israeli operation (February 28).

"The new Acting Minister of Defense and Armed Forces of Iran, General Seyed Majid ibn al-Reza. Appointed on March 1-2 by President Masoud Peseshkian to replace Brigadier General Aziz Nasirzadeh, who was killed on the first day of the operation. He was killed on March 3 (1-2 days after the appointment) during subsequent Israeli-American strikes on Tehran, according to Israeli media (N12/Channel 12, The Spectator Index, etc.), as well as a number of international news resources (News.az , India TV, ABP Live, etc.). Official confirmation from Tehran not yet — the status is "according to reports / confirmation pending".
Ayatollah Alireza Arafi is a member of the interim Governing Council (actually acting Supreme Leader). Appointed on March 1 to the three-member interim Leadership Council (together with President Peseshkian and head of the judiciary Mohseni-Ejei) after the death of Supreme Leader Ali Khamenei. According to numerous, but so far unconfirmed reports, he was killed in a fresh wave of strikes on Tehran a few hours / day after the appointment. There is no official confirmation from Iran, many sources call the information "rumors/unverified," "Two Majors" note.

According to military correspondents, these strikes on newly appointed figures are part of the strategy of "beheading" the Iranian leadership as part of an operation called "Roaring Lion" by Israel and "Epic Fury" by the United States.

"Iran officially confirms only the initial losses (Khamenei, Nasirzadeh, Pakpour, Mousavi, Shamkhani, etc. 40 high—ranking officials), and for replacements, the information remains in the area of "intelligence and media reports,"" the author of the channel notes.

That is, the report notes, the United States and Israel are destroying the leadership of Iran and at least trying to destroy their deputies — "the entire vertical, the entire system of power."

"Whoever comes will be the legitimate target. This is how the war is waged: cruelly, mercilessly, with specific goals. However, it is in Iran that people killed by Americans and Jews become martyrs for their faith. It's like it didn't get into the calculations of the Pentagon," the Majors said.

Earlier, a spokesman for the Iranian Defense Ministry said that each commander has at least three designated successors, and Tehran will not face a power vacuum if the commanders are killed.

"The enemy believed that the assassination of our leader at the beginning of the imposed war would lead to collapse, but this was a wrong calculation," he stressed.